Acute Injury Treatment & Rehabilitation Programmes
Looking for a physiotherapist in North Canterbury? Experiencing problems with pain, range of movement, muscle balance and function? Physiotherapy is about human function, movement and maximising the body’s potential. Active Health has a team of expert physiotherapists to help you get back to an active life.
Why choose us?
- We use a physical approach to promote, maintain and restore physical, psychological and social well-being as well as fitness, health and wellness.
- At a consultation you can expect one of our experienced team to assess your levels of pain, range of movement, muscle balance and function.
- You will also be educated about treatment options and self-management strategies with an appropriate treatment and rehabilitation plan designed to achieve your goals.
- All rehabilitation plans aim to provide a long term maintenance and a future injury prevention plan.
- Our fully equipped gym means that we can give our clients the best chance to rehabilitate and be fit and healthy.
- Suitable for ACC
Pre and Post-operative Rehabilitation
In some circumstances surgery may be the best pathway for your injury or continuing concern. Depending on the severity, acute or elective, it could be a number of months before your surgical date. This lead in time, can be used to improve post-operative outcomes by working with the team at Active Health. Some pre-operative goals and considerations may include; addressing compensations and pain from “favouring” your injury, improving your cardio-vascular fitness and strengthening adjacent muscles in preparation for time off to rest and recover. In some cases simple strapping, bracing or direction on footwear can be used to good effect, in order to offer a greater degree of comfort prior to surgery.
Post-operative rehabilitation is very important and often advised by your surgeon in order to provide better long-term outcomes. The key to this is a graduated and guided rehabilitation plan. This should include functional movements and exercises specific to you and your daily home activities, work requirements and sporting endeavors. Active Health’s clinicians can help develop an individualised and specific rehabilitation plan to help get you back out doing what you love.
Muscle Balance Assessments
Trying to manage more than one injury?
Looking to return to sport or exercise after time off?
Are you starting a new fitness challenge?
A muscle balance assessment provides detailed insight into your current strength and flexibility. We provide clear exercise-based advice and programs for you to achieve your fitness goals. With this base line muscular audit, you can then be guided on how to lessen your injury risk and develop safe fitness practices, that aim to get you to your goals faster. These plans can be specific for gym work outs; home exercise based; or individualised for your chosen sport.
Real Time Ultrasound
Real Time Ultrasound allows visual feedback of muscle size and activation patterns. Active Health Physiotherapy staff have been trained in the use of this type of ultrasound assisted biofeedback. This is the future of rehabilitation and is very specialised. Real Time Ultrasound enhances patient understanding and gives you the ability to actually see how to activate certain muscle groups.