Acute Injury Treatment & Rehabilitation Programmes
Looking for a physiotherapist in North Canterbury? Experiencing problems with pain, range of movement, muscle balance and function? Physiotherapy is about human function, movement and maximising the body’s potential. Active Health has a team of expert physiotherapists to help you get back to an active life.
Why choose us?
- We use a physical approach to promote, maintain and restore physical, psychological and social well-being as well as fitness, health and wellness.
- At a consultation you can expect one of our experienced team to assess your levels of pain, range of movement, muscle balance and function.
- You will also be educated about treatment options and self-management strategies with an appropriate treatment and rehabilitation plan designed to achieve your goals.
- All rehabilitation plans aim to provide a long term maintenance and a future injury prevention plan.
- Our fully equipped gym means that we can give our clients the best chance to rehabilitate and be fit and healthy.
- Suitable for ACC
Pre & Post Operative Rehabilitation
Physiotherapy is often appropriate prior to surgery to improve muscle condition and strength. Good pre-surgery muscle condition has been shown to improve recovery time and surgical outcomes.
Our physiotherapists also specialise in post-surgical rehabilitation and where necessary have access to a specialised gym in a quiet setting to allow patients to be guided through rehabilitation programmes to assist in both the quality and speed of recovery. This quality rehabilitation can often mean that the patient not only rehabilitates quicker, but is less likely to be reinjured.
Muscle Balance Assessments
Active Health Physiotherapists specialise in full muscle balance assessments. A muscle balance assessment aims to identify areas of tightness or weakness which may predispose injury or impair performance. At the completion of a muscle balance assessment, a rehabilitation plan is developed to address any issues and a follow up appointment made to monitor progress.
Real Time Ultrasound
Real Time Ultrasound allows visual feedback of muscle size and activation patterns. Active Health Physiotherapy staff have been trained in the use of this type of ultrasound assisted biofeedback. This is the future of rehabilitation and is very specialised. Real Time Ultrasound enhances patient understanding and gives you the ability to actually see how to activate certain muscle groups.